PFW // The Laptop Perspective

So you're back and after The Laptop Perspective, this time on Paris Fashion Week, the last fashion week for the Spring/Summer '16 season and apparently the first ever post I've written about PFW. Clearly I have not been top of my game.

This might come as a shock to you all, but I'm not Rihanna so I sadly couldn't attend any of the shows personally, least of all sit FROW at Dior in what has to be the most beautiful cape coat I have ever seen (props to Rihanna on her stellar outift-shoe coordination) However, as we've established, The Laptop Perspective still has its perks, even if they don't involve after-parties and invitations. I digress.

Once again +Vogue has been integral to keeping myself informed during fashion week (they don't sponsor me I swear). A generous amount of supermodels on my 'following' list on Instagram also helps. If, like me, you've been all over social media this week, you would have no doubt noticed the unparalleled opulence of Balmain.


With yet another supreme line up featuring the usual suspects, Gigi and Kendall amongst other famous faces, Balmain lived up to its reputation of being unrivalled in the stakes of glamour and celebrity. Part of The Laptop Perspective, for me at least, is being able to bring fashion week to my level - which Olivier Rousteing is clearly thinking as well, as his collaboration with H&M is imminent (5th November to be exact). If Balmain's show at PFW is anything to go by, the collab with H&M is certainly something to get very excited over: drama, beauty, rich colours and more ruffles than Elizabethan England.


Ever since I clapped eyes on this spectacular Elie Saab gown from a couple of years ago I have been an admirer of Elie Saab and his beautiful creations. This runway show featured, you guessed it, Kendall and Gigi once more. However, not even the high profiles of these two runway experts could detract from the beauty and craftsmanship of the garments on display - floral, delicate, beautiful and feminine. The designer 'wanted to add precious to the everyday' and I think that he has certainly been successful in that aim.


Despite it being Alexander Wang's final collection with Balenciaga, the enthusiasm with which he bounded down the runway paired with the angelic white of his collection proved that it was no funeral - radiance reigned supreme. This show actually featured my favourite model Suki Waterhouse, pictured, as well as Zoe Kravitz (daughter of Lenny), making for an interesting line up for me and an array of beautifully cool clothes.

As fashion week draws to a close, I'm so excited to look forward to the new spring/summer season that I've almost forgotten that I need a new winter wardrobe. Almost.





No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.