A Moment In Time In Oslo

Sunny blue sky day in Oslo, fjord

Across the bay from the Akershus Fortress, me and my travelling band of friends decided to take a break from our morning of exploring Oslo to rest our feet underneath the Norwegian sun.

We'd traipsed from our hostel into the city centre, surviving on just a handful of grapes and a black coffee after vastly underestimating the cost of living in Scandinavia. With the sun gleaming off the clear Nordic water, and a view of the historic fortress ahead, we settled in a small but bustling terrace on the edge of the water, the smell of BBQ food wafting on the breeze.

It was only April, but the sound of laughing voices, the sight of locals sipping lager by the fjord, and the feeling of the warm beams of light grazing our skin made it feel much more like summer. As we rested, soaking in our surroundings, I spotted a DJ on his decks, high on a wooden platform, lazily mixing ambient beats to suit the atmosphere - I didn't think I could be in a much more Scandi setting.

Oslo harbour in the sunshine, boats and fjord

An Ibiza style social scene with an entirely Scandinavian heart, a song came on that so suited the way I was feeling, and where I was in that point in time, that I had to Shazam it. A soundtrack to my mood, an accompanying piece to our pit-stop, this song found its way onto my SUMMER 2018 playlist, along with other beats-focussed playlists I've since made.

Have you ever found yourself in an otherwise unremarkable spot on your travels, in an otherwise unremarkable part of your day, where, in that moment in time, everything around and within you seems to align so perfectly, that it grips you? This was mine. So completely content within myself, with where I was, and with who I was with, Dance - Oliver Remix by Leon Else encompassed my settling euphoria and created a memory that I relive with all five of my senses.

What's your moment in time?

No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.