Liebster Award

I am so thrilled to have been nominated by Anna from The Resident Talker for the Liebster award. (Make sure to give her a big fat follow) I started this blog a few months ago just as something to do and because in recent years I've started to develop a real love for fashion, beauty and journalism. I don't get hundreds of hits a day and I still don't really understand this whole blogging stuff but I still appreciate being nominated for this award.


Anyway now I need to get down to the Liebster Award stuff. These are the 11 questions that Anna gave me to answer:

If you could move to another part of the world where would it be and why?
Probably the USA. I really want to move to London for university but after that I'd love to spend a couple of years in the USA, hopefully a while in New York City and a while in California. But anywhere with sun would also be nice.

What is your favourite type of vegetable?
I really like courgettes. I love Mediterranean cooking so I love things like courgettes and aubergines, but I also love Indian food so chickpeas are up there too. Bet you'll sleep well tonight knowing that ;)

Name 3 of your favourite beauty products you could not live without!
Benefit's They're Real Mascara is possibly my favourite product ever. I also couldn't live without liquid eyeliner: eyeliner flicks are one of my favourite looks. I've recently grown fond of a good lipstick so either my Illamasqua Matte Lip Liquid in Surrender or my MAC lipstick in Russian Red.

Someone offers you a years supply of chocolate, a week in Ibiza and a personalized number plate for your car - which do you pick?
Definitely not a personalised number plate: I'm not a fan of those. Although the year's supply of chocolate practically has me salivating right now, I love jet setting and a week in Ibiza sounds like the perfect treat. Mind you, it does depend on what type of chocolate is on offer. Throw in some Dairy Milk, Reese's cups and a box of Hotel Chocolat and I am in!

Would you sooner be Herminone from Harry Potter or Bella from Twilight? (cheesy question I know)
Hermione from Harry Potter for sure. I am NOT a fan of Twilight, I find it so boring (sorry). I am also a self-professed uber huge (ex) Harry Potter nerd and I have no shame in admitting my love for it. Although I've moved on from the franchise, Snape will always have a place in my heart.

What is your lucky number?
I don't think I have one, but I've always liked the number 26.

What is the best thing you have ever won?
When I was in year 8 I entered a competition in NME to win tickets for T in the Park 2012. I didn't hear anything about it until two days before the festival (which is in Scotland. What a trek!) Anyway it took a miracle to convince my mom but long story short we went, we saw The Stone Roses and Kasabian and it was the best weekend of my young life. This award of course tops that though ;)

Are you a dancer or a singer?
I like to sing and I like to think I can hit a note but I'm not a "singer". I had dance lessons every week from the age of four till eleven too so even though I'm out of practice I think I could still bust a move if the chance ever came about!

When are you most productive during the day?
I always think I'm more productive late at night. During the day I like to take it easy and indulge in my hobbies. But when it's 8 in the evening I can take my laptop upstairs and just sit for hours working on blog posts, homework, revisions or whatever needs doing. I definitely do more guitar practice at night.

Do you speak any other languages?
I've been learning French since primary school so although I'm not fluent I can get by. I also did Japanese at school for three years and downloaded an app to teach me Italian. Languages aren't my strong point but if I can continue with French I'd love to be fluent in it, or in any language.

Have you ever shopped at my store? (hahaaha serious plug I know but it's all good fun!)
^Top plugging for sure. To be honest I never even knew the store existed (sorry again) but after having a browse on the website I can definitely see a few pieces that I could very easily purchase.

Ok so now onto the 11 random facts about myself:
  • The guitarist of the Buzzcocks (Steve Diggle) kissed my hand at the end of their concert
  • I go to an all girls' grammar school (fun eh?)
  • I used to want to be an author and write stories for fun
  • I sometimes wish I was Jessica Day from New Girl
  • I sometimes wish I lived life like Made In Chelsea
  • I have every single series of Monty Python on DVD
  • I have to have braces (I just got my retainer today)
  • If I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life it would be Urban Outfitters
  • I'm a bit of a history geek- especially the political side (wars, Russian revolution etc)
  • I made friends with my best friend after only a few days of nursery school on the basis that our middle names were both 'Rose"
  • I lust after designer items on a daily basis. I blame the likes of my Elle subscription for this

So my 11 new questions for my 11 nominees are:
1. What's your favourite film?
2. What is one wardrobe item you couldn't live without?
3. What food reminds you of home?
4. If you could be any character from FRIENDS who would it be?
5. Who is your favourite music artist?
6. Opinion of the ancient art of selfies(?)
7. Do you prefer summer or winter?
8. What classic designer piece do you covet? (the iconic pair of black Louboutins? The Burberry trench coat?)
9. What album would you take on a desert island?
10. Are you a fan of vintage fashion or not?
11. Favourite comedy series of all time?

Instructions:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

And now onto my nominees:

Well done to each of these blogs because they're all working so hard and very interesting!
Thanks again for the nomination :D

No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.