Nautical or Nice?

Now that school's finished with I have even more time to get excited about our family holiday this year. Next month my parents and I are going on our first cruise around the Mediterranean which is kind of a big deal for all of us as we're visiting places like Rome, Barcelona and the French Riviera which are all high up on my list of places to visit. Having never been to France or Italy I'm really excited to set sail and start seeing more of the world- and get some French practice in before my A levels.

I've been on a constant trawl through ASOS searching for the perfect playsuit for Genoa and the perfect shirt for Vigo and, happily or sadly, my search is almost over. However, the fun is only just beginning. What sort of clothes are appropriate for each port? Rome for example. I need something comfortable for a long day of walking as well as something cool for the hot city. Sturdy, fashionable shoes and comfortable, airy clothing that are respectable enough so that I can enter the churches. Then there's Alicante. Completely different: beach clothes, comfortable, cool and nothing too fussy.

Have you ever been on a cruise? I need all the advice I can get to be completely honest: I don't have a clue what to expect. I'm so excited to be able to experience so many different places and really hope to be able to document them all on here. I'm packing a notebook and pen and am practising my photography skills in preparation- stay tuned.

I hope you're all really excited for your summer holidays now! Where are you going- let me know in the comments. As I say I intend to do some writing about my wonderful holiday experience so I hope you look forward to reading that and seeing some parts of the world you may never have seen.



No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.