Maritime Make Up Bag

Make up bag containing NARS, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Illamasqua, L'oreal, Bourjois

With the cruise only a few days away it's about time that I sort out my holiday make up bag and decide which products I will be needing in all the different ports.

Eyes

Urban Decay, Nars, Benefit, Bobbi Brown and Mac eye make up

Benefit They're Real Mascara and MAC Extreme Lashes Mascara

Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush, eyeshadow sticks and gold gel eyeliner

I actually have an appointment at the salon on Thursday to have my eyelashes tinted, as I did last year for my holiday to Ibiza, so mascara won't be as much of an issue for me as it usually is (being ginger makes me a make up counter's dream when it comes to selling mascara). Obviously I'm still packing it for the evenings and when I feel I need to add a bit more oomph to my eyes. I am going to pack my new MAC mascara as well as my trusty They're Real mascara because, as it's waterproof, I reckon it will last much better on holiday. As for eyeshadow and liner, these will only probably be making an appearance in the evenings because I definitely don't want to be caking myself in make up during the hot Spanish days. However, as there are about four formal dinner evenings on board my eyeshadows and liners will definitely play a valuable role.

Face

Benefit, Bourjois, Rimmel and The Body Shop face make up and brushes

Benefit Big Easy with The Body Shop face brush

Bourjois cream blush, Rimmel stay blushed and Benefit Hoola


One of the many things that I simply love about Benefit's Big Easy is the SPF protection it gives me, so it's the obvious choice to take abroad. As well as this, it's a very light coverage tinted moisturiser so I won't be overly made up in the day time and won't feel like my make up is too heavy for the heat. This is definitely my favourite all-round face product anyway as it makes my skin feel really soft and light and let's face it, who doesn't need extra moisture when they're under the sun all day? I'm also taking my Hoola bronzer and Bourjois cream blush with me as both are very lightweight formulas and will help to enhance my tan. Another ginger-person bug bear: tanning is not on our list of special talents.

Lips

MAC, Illamasqua, L'oreal, Clinique, Bourjois, Helen E, MOR, No. 7, Bare Minerals, Malin & Goetz and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip make up

No.7 Gay Geranium and MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick

No. 7 Gay Geranium and MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick

No. 7 Gay Geranium and MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick swatch
There's nothing like a bright lip in the evening to, once again, enhance my barely noticeable tan. I am definitely more of a lipstick gal than an eyeshadow gal, partly due to my poor eyeshadow application skills but mostly because I just can't resist the allure of a new lipstick. With so many colours and finishes available, what better time to showcase them all than in the evenings on a cruise liner? My newest addition to my lipstick collection is MAC's Kinda Sexy which I got when I had my prom make up done at MAC in my hometown. As much as I love this new shade, my old faithful No. 7 lipstick in Gay Geranium is perfect for summer as it is a bright, orange-toned colour which is perfect to pair with a tan as well as being really easy to apply- despite its fairly low lasting time. You can read all about the many benefits of donning an orange lip for yourself on Man Repeller. As well as taking my lipsticks for the evening, I have plenty of lip balms for the day time for added SPF protection and moisture- a summer necessity in my opinion.

I dare say my make up bag will undergo a large amount of change in the days leading to the holiday (I still need to find room in there to pack my jewellery #girlproblems) but part of the fun of going out on holiday is being able to experiment with new, more exotic make up looks. Do you have a summer holiday essential in your make up bag?






No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.