Bobbi Brown Eye Make Up | Review

Bobbi Brown eyeshadow sticks, fine liner brush and gold gel eyeliner

Having bought these products way back in May at the beginning of my exams I haven't been able to find time to fit in a review of them. On the plus side, I've worn these products a lot since purchase so I've got a pretty good idea of their lasting power.

Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow Sticks


Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow sticks in Vanilla and Golden Bronze

Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow stick swatches in Vanilla and Golden Bronze

Being the self-confessed eyeshadow phobe that I am, these eyeshadow sticks make life so much easier for me as they are so easy to apply. I bought these Bobbi Brown eyeshadow sticks in the shades Vanilla and Golden Bronze for £21 each because they are very complimentary colours and, due to my aversion to eyeshadow, sticking to neutrals is a safe bet for me. That's not to say that they can't look glamorous, as Golden Bronze is very shimmery and can be easily blended into a bronze smokey eye. As you can see on the swatch, Vanilla is very close to my skin colour and so I use it more as a base to even out my eyelids before I apply Golden Bronze. However, both eyeshadows have a very smooth, creamy texture which makes them both very easy to apply and don't dry out and flake throughout the day which is an obvious benefit as no one wants to be reapplying their eyeshadow. I love the pigmentation of the products, especially Golden Bronze, as the vintage gold shade is one of my favourites for eye makeup and one that I think stands out and compliments just about every skin tone.

 Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Sparkle Eyeliner

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Sparkle in Smokey Topaz and Ultra Fine Liner Brush

Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Vanilla and Golden Bronze and Long-Wear Gel Sparkle Liner in Smokey Topaz swatches

This eyeliner is by far the best eyeliner that I have ever bought. I was enamoured by the shade Smokey Topaz in the Bobbi Brown gel liner as I thought it would be a perfect match to the eyeshadow shades I had picked out. And it is. I also forked out £22.50 for the Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush to use with it, as if there's one thing my make up collection is lacking in, it's brushes. The gel liner promises to be long-wearing and it definitely has the right to that claim. At £21 it's not the cheapest liner on offer but definitely not overpriced for what it is, and a little really does go a long way in this case. I always wear this eyeliner over the Bobbi Brown eyeshadow to pull the look together and each product tends to last a good 8 hours with out smudging. As for the liner brush, its fine nib makes applying the liner very easy and gives a really sharp, clean line and flick.

Although the price tag attached to these products are out of my usual price range, this Bobbi Brown spree was a once in a blue moon thing (sadly) but I would gladly pay it again knowing the quality of the products. Having never been a customer at Bobbi Brown before this, I left very happy with my purchases! Are you a fan of Bobbi Brown? Let me know your favourite eyeshadow looks down in the comments!




No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.