MAC Kinda Sexy and Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash | Review

MAC Kinda Sexy and 3D Black Lash Mascara

This is only quite a short scheduled post whilst I'm on holiday, talking about the two products I got from MAC on the day of my prom. I don't know whether or not you're aware but if you book a makeover or lesson with MAC, the cost of the session is redeemable against any products that have been used on you. That means if you spend £30 on a makeover, as I did, you can choose £30 worth of goodies to take back with you: a win-win situation if there ever was one. Although I could have happily bought everything, I settled for Kinda Sexy, which I have been considering for some months, and a mascara, which my friends regularly tell me are wonderful.

MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick swatch

For those of you that are unfamiliar with the colour Kinda Sexy, it's quite a popular choice for people who are after a pinkish nude. Despite its creamy texture, it dries to a matte finish but is not as drying as some other matte MAC lipsticks I have tried. I find that if you blot it well it should last for about 5 hours but if you're like me you might want to reapply more frequently to keep the best pigmentation. This is only the second MAC lipstick that I've bought but it is much more comfortable than my other, Russian Red, as the formula doesn't flake as much and, as it's a sort-of tanned peach colour, it is a very sophisticated and muted shade which looks good with everything.

As for the MAC mascara I am still very undecided. On the first few applications I found that it was excellent: the brush seemed to reach every lash and separate them well, leaving every lash coated. However, recently it has become quite gloopy and clumpy and has not been applying very well. On first use my lashes looked long and thick but now it seems to weigh down the curl of my lashes and appear far too thick. I'm not sure what's causing this but based on the initially good results it was giving me I hope that by cleaning the rim of the bottle and the brush it may return to that.

What do you think of MAC mascaras? Let me know in the comments if you know of any tips that can solve my mascara problem.

No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.