May Faves

First of all let me apologise for the iPad quality photographs. Camera's off for a repair... :(
Second of all let me apologise for how late I am with this post



MAC Russian Red
So this is my baby. My very first MAC purchase (sound the fanfare). Why has it taken me this long to buy from there? I don't even know myself. It's not like I haven't been after a MAC lipstick forever. But now I have one and life already seems better. The hype about MAC is true. For anyone who, like me, has been putting off buying something from there: stop that now. If you're used to shopping on a student's budget then you would know the pure grief of parting with almost £20 of your hard-saved cash for a single item. But trust me; it's so worth it. I bought the shade Russian Red because I've been after a red for some time, and this shade is so much richer than others I've seen. As much as I love that classic pop of bright red, as soon as I saw this darker option I knew it was the one. Cliche I know, but still a gorgeous shade. And with hours of wear in it, it's worked out to be a pretty cool purchase.


 Ruffle Socks
Ahh ruffle socks. I thought I'd seen the last of you back in year 6. But oh no, you've come back with a vengeance. I feel like I should hate them. I feel like they should make me cringe and back away slowly, but for some reason I just love them. Already the proud owner of one pair, the 3 for £8 deal at Topshop was too good to miss, and as Topshop Oxford Circus has a shrine dedicated to a rainbow of ruffled socks, I could just take my pick. Black: easy, go-with-everything pair, grey: springtime, light-hearted pair and baby blue: don't really go with much that I own but they're super cute and girly pair.


The Great Gatsby
Aah the classic. Although I haven't finished reading it, I've seen the film so I know what's about to go down. And as much as I adored the film, the book is amazing! It's not your usual piece of narrative, it's quite weird in the way it's set out and worded, but that's what makes so it so enjoyable (for me at least). If you haven't read it yet, definitely go and read it now.


Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana
Favourite fragrance at the moment. I'm already halfway through the bottle and it's just too damn good. It's the type of perfume you just want to bathe in. Especially now that summer's approaching, it is just the best fragrance. It's fairly sweet, but not sickly because it has a floral undertone and a hint of freshness to it. It's essentially a perfect summer scent, not overbearing but just giving a perfumed air. Read my full review of it here



MOR Lip Macaron in Sorbet
Get it. Get it now. This is the creme de la creme of lip balm. Oh this is more than a mere lip balm, I am yet to find a lip balm as deliciously moisturizing as this one (and I am a self-professed lip balm hoarder). Even the well-supported Baby Lips doesn't do it for me after giving this a whirl. It's quite difficult to get your hands on in the UK, and when you do you have to either be living in London or ordering online. And you have to be prepared to splash out more than you normally would on a lip balm. But trust me, it's worth it. This is the only MOR item I have ever used, but if this lip maccaron is anything to go by, I reckon it's pretty fab stuff. It's infinitely the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever used, but without looking or feeling greasy. In fact, it appears quite matte in the tin, but adds a nice, subtle gloss to the lips. You can also get it in a variety of 'flavours' (I have sorbet and I have seriously had to stop myself from eating it). Added bonus: the tin is like artwork.


Bad Neighbours
I saw this the other week and wept. I had to come up for air afterwards, it is the funniest film I have seen in my entire life. Seriously, I went with a few friends and we were all incapacitated. And if the comedy factor wasn't enough, maybe Zac Efron and Dave Franco will be. Plus there's a sneaky role played by Craig Roberts (Oliver Tate in Submarine and Rico from Tracy Beaker). It literally has everything! I won't spoil anything, all I'll say is go and see it. It is hilarious!
Has anyone got/watched/read any of my favourites?

No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.