China 2015 // Beijing



































The absence of posts on the blog is due, in part, to this week long trip to China from school. My first time outside of Europe, this trip to China was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I would encourage everyone to visit China, even if only once, because it's such a unique and culturally vast country with such a long history. We spent 2 nights in a hotel in Beijing before heading on to Xi'an and Shanghai and in those 3 days we visited the Olympic Parks as well as Tiananmen Square and of course the Great Wall of China.

Just being in Beijing was a surreal experience, with no internet access, no social media, no connection with home and the busiest roads I've ever seen. I feel like my few days in the capital really opened my eyes and put my own life into perspective as it made me realise just how oblivious I was to the many different cultures and ways of life that exist outside of my own.

No comments:

Thank you for commenting! I always read my comments and I love receiving them :')

Powered by Blogger.